[aklug] Re: perl gui question?

From: Michael Fowler <michael@shoebox.net>
Date: Mon Jul 26 2010 - 10:13:20 AKDT

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 09:59:54AM -0800, Scott Carnahan wrote:
> I thought I read last week that a new, updated release of perl was coming
> out.

It's possible. I expect they'll just put a stamp of approval on the
code they've been building for the past decade.

Perl 6 is not really an update, however. It's less of an update than
C++ was to C; i.e., Perl6 and Perl5 are two entirely different
languages. They may share similarities, and designers, but I expect to
have to treat it as a whole new language, otherwise the differences are
going to bite me.

--
Michael Fowler
www.shoebox.net