[aklug] Re: Google Evil? Was: Re: I'm an Android

From: Royce Williams <royce@alaska.net>
Date: Sat Jul 24 2010 - 08:13:37 AKDT

I believe that this one has been reduced to ad hominem in record time.
Get a chat room, gentlemen. :-)

Seriously, though: these issues are very important -- crucial to our
democracy, I believe. Now that the discussion has moved from the
semi-technical Google angle to this level, please switch venues. I am
only one voice on this list, but this kind of conversation can poison a
technical community.

Our members carry many flags, and it should be the geek flag alone that
flies over this list. In this way, we can talk geek shop without
throttling each other at FNL. :-)

As I said the last time this happened, this is not an attack on 1st
Amendment rights. It is two things: that the deluge of information in
this modern world needs partitioning, and that we should use our
forebrain-disengaging emotional energy for the "vi vs emacs" debate when
we enter these doors. :-)

Please: identify an alternate frequency, and move to it.

Royce