[aklug] Re: Gui WYSIWYG web development tools

From: Kenneth D Weinert <kenw@quarter-flash.com>
Date: Wed Jul 21 2010 - 21:04:14 AKDT

On 07/21/2010 01:10 AM, Thomas Plastino Martin wrote:
> I code everything by hand as I haven't yet found a WYSIWYG editor to my
> liking. One tool that helps me out greatly, aside from GIMP, is agave. It
> does a great job in helping me find complimenting and contrasting colors.

A couple of good sites for getting colors:

http://kuler.adobe.com/#themes/rating?time=30
http://www.colorschemer.com/schemes/

I do editing by hand, but I also use makefiles to make things make more
sense. For example, I have file.CSS that has stuff like:

#define BLACK %000000
#define GREEN %00FF00

etc and then the makefile has:

file.css : file.CSS
        cpp file.CSS - | sed -e "s/%/#/g" > file.css

normally using macros and such, of course, but that's the general idea.
It just lets me use meaningful names in my "source" files and still
produce usable files on the web.

It's an even better idea to use meaningful names instead of color names
for obvious reasons.

--
Ken Weinert