[aklug] Re: mac porting

From: Shane R. Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Wed Jul 14 2010 - 09:25:10 AKDT

On 07/13/2010 04:19 PM, Christopher Howard wrote:
> Some one up the work chain put me in charge of porting C++ Linux code
> over to Mac OS X. (I feel a headache coming on...) My question: When you
> use gcc/g++ on a Mac, can you set additional header search paths and
> library search paths in environment variables? What are those variables
> on a Mac?

C: Does this person like you?

Alternatively to xcode you can always use darwin ports (I use it ala fink) and create
distributable darwin port packages. It may or may not be easier depending on what you're
doing... in many cases xcode and the apple libraries do not contain many libraries that a
linux user may depend on. Those would have to be distributed as well or statically
compiled in.

- Shane