[aklug] Re: Installing linux on imac

From: Jeremy Austin <jhaustin@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Jun 18 2010 - 18:16:53 AKDT

What model iMac? None have BIOS. Older ones have Open Firmware, newer have =
EFI.

Macs will boot from CD by pressing power, then holding down C key. If
it's a PowerPC (G3, G4, G5) it will need a powerpc distro. Not sure
about Intel.

If it's too old it won't boot from USB. Hold down Option key (after
power on) to review and choose from all available boot volumes.

Jeremy Austin
IT Administrator
Whitestone, Alaska

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 6:05 PM, Christopher Kunzler <ckunzler@gmail.com> w=