[aklug] Dell & Open Source

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Jun 13 2010 - 15:59:22 AKDT

Just ran across something I found kind of interesting. or at least I
just ran across it. Sometimes I'm the last to find that I need to pay
more attention :)

At any rate. Dell no longer has that old "We recommend Microsoft
Windows ..." on their main page. It does say they recommend IE8, but not
Windows. In addition, if one look down the links on the left side of the
page you find a link identified as "Open-Source PCs", which takes you
to:

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/ubuntu?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=anavml

Where it states, among other things: "6) Ubuntu is safer than Microsoft®
Windows® "

I realize Dell has had Linux stuff on their site for a while, but the
last time I looked, I had to look to find it.

JG