[aklug] Re: Alaska peering

From: Royce Williams <royce@alaska.net>
Date: Tue Jun 08 2010 - 16:10:58 AKDT

Thomas Plastino Martin wrote, on 6/8/2010 3:28 PM:
> These are the traceroutes I get while using Clearwire. I tracerouted
> them in the order that Royce listed.
>
> This thread seems to be getting way OT to me.

The political part, or this network peering part? :-)

If the latter, I think that this is useful in the general geek sense,
but you'd be right if you're saying that it's not directly
Linux-related. But at least it's technical. :-) I'd be happy to kill
the thread if folks are thinking that it's too OT.

> http://tlms.pastebin.com/jBkG9hAy

Good info - that's what we needed; thanks, Thomas!

You're coming from GCI space, so I would expect these traceroutes, when
adjusted for wireless performance, to reflect GCI's peering.

All that we still need is a GCI-MTA test, then ... and preferably not
from a Clearwire node, as the wireless performance makes it hard to
discern big changes in the hops.

Royce