[aklug] Re: clearwire in anchorage

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Jun 07 2010 - 17:11:58 AKDT

I think I've had, maybe, 3 calls from them in the 3 years I've had their
service. They wanted me to sell their voice line, they gave me a free
year, so I went a head and got it. That was over a year ago and I
haven't heard from them since, except when I'm late with my bill. I
think I've called tech support about 3 times in the 3 years as well.

I suppose if I was a heavier duty user, such as a gamer or distro
hopper, I might have more issues with them. For my purposes, it's been
pretty good.

I use it a little at home. I do download the occasional ISO (I'm not a
distro hopper, so I do mean occasional). I watch a little Hulu TV. I
take it to my Open Houses to have internet access there (my main usage
and primary reason for getting it). It occasionally gets used at the
Friday Night Lab sessions.

Jim G