[aklug] Re: clearwire in anchorage

From: Jenkinson, John P \(SAIC\) <John.Jenkinson@bp.com>
Date: Mon Jun 07 2010 - 15:26:11 AKDT

another player in town
http://www.borealisbroadband.net/ResSvcs.htm=20

-----Original Message-----
From: aklug-bounce@aklug.org [mailto:aklug-bounce@aklug.org] On Behalf
Of scott@ravenmoonart.com
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2010 2:34 PM
To: aklug@aklug.org
Subject: [aklug] Re: clearwire in anchorage

I had he ssame issuse you speak of and dropped by he Denali office and
=3D20
had them replace my modem (no cost to me at all) and that was it. I =
=3D20
was abck tot eh same high quality I had o start wih (1.5Mb dn and 256
=3D20
up). I am NOT a fan of clearwire for a number of annoying reasons, bu
=3D20
they do what they say they will as far as I can concerned.

The bait and swicha nd sales calls are my big gripe.....

Scott

Quoting Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>:

> Clearwire's main office is on Denali, between 36th & Benson. Strip
mall
> that backs to WalMart.
>
> If she doesn't have cable, I think her options are ACS DSL or 3G from
> ACS or AT&T.
>
> I don't think AT&T's WiMax is available there yet. I live off
Wisconsin