[aklug] Met with ASD staff this week

From: Dale Rooney <dale.rooney@gmail.com>
Date: Fri May 14 2010 - 12:32:12 AKDT

Thanks to Jeanie Mackie I had a meeting with the superintendent, the CIO and
a manager of educational technology for ASD. I was happily surprised to to
find out that the district is moving toward open source and to a limited use
of linux distributions. I will be at tonight's meeting with more details and
I need some information about the load on networks created by large numbers
of emails. If anyone has experience with heavy network loads I'd appreciate
your input.
Thanks
Dale