[aklug] Re: My first experiences with Ubuntu 10.04

From: Shane R. Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Wed May 12 2010 - 10:15:44 AKDT

I've had several problems that were recently fixed via upstream
updates.. Specifically with the Alternate installe+raid+broken
initramfs. I had to temporarily downgrade the initramfs during the
kernel selection by chrooting into /target and installing via dpkg from
the debian feeds. Then upgrading it again before installing grub.
Thankfully this is no longer needed and my simple raid1+lvm setup works
fine now with Ubuntu Desktop. I'll be scrapping raid1 for lvm striping
as soon as I can afford a good backup server. :)

- Shane