[aklug] Re: browser wars

From: bdk <bdk@thirdmason.com>
Date: Sat May 08 2010 - 16:18:13 AKDT

On 05/07/2010 04:03 PM, Christopher Kunzler wrote:
> On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Christopher Howard<choward@indicium.us> wrote:
>> * Where either of the pages cached?
>
> I read they didn't have the pages cached. Don't remember where I saw that.

Click the down arrow under the youtube video, just to the left of the
1.2 million hit count so far. You'll get the whole list of technical
specs about the hardware used, connection speed, caching, etc. 500k more
hits since I saw it on Thursday. There is even a 'how it was made' video
available as well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oarMXGq3gI.

I've been using Chrome for a bit and it has always been fast but the new
beta is even faster. When I'm required to use FF or IE and the page sits
there loading I've gotta wonder what's really going on behind the scenes
that is taking these other browsers so long to render the page.

-Sean