[aklug] Re: Interesting info on Flash

From: William Attwood <wattwood@gmail.com>
Date: Fri May 07 2010 - 09:10:54 AKDT

Keep in mind the Apple article was a great PR move to get focus off of the
whole iPhone door-kickin of the Gizmodo reporter...
Secondly, it is not based on the latest version of Flash, which supports
much of what Apple states is not supported, including multi-touch.

There is also flash lite, which is less resource intensive and used on
mobile devices.

HTML 5 will not be widely adopted for some time. Primarily it will be used
for video, which is a very short view of what Flash brings to online media.
 A lot of what Flash supports is not being replaced by HTML 5, especially
not in the short term (1-2 years).

Also take in HTML 5 as the current, and long-lasting Javascript wars. It's
up to the browser creators to adopt and apply standards, of which we all
know is never accurate to standards.

Flash isn't going anywhere, it just happens that we won't have it on the
iPhone or iPad.

-Will

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Christopher Howard <choward@indicium.us>wrote:

> On 05/07/10 08:07, James Zuelow wrote: