[aklug] Re: What is germane to this list

From: Joshua J. Kugler <joshua@eeinternet.com>
Date: Sun Mar 14 2010 - 13:40:27 AKDT

On Friday 12 March 2010, Christopher Howard elucidated thus:
> The real question, at the moment, is whether or not Calculus is a
> target for rational discourse. I'm hoping that if I just keep staring
> at this text book long enough, a revelation will come to me and I
> will actually understand what a "differential" is.

"A differential is a device, usually but not necessarily employing
gears, capable of transmitting torque and rotation through three
shafts, almost always used in one of two ways." :-D

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0x73B13B6A