[aklug] Re: What is germane to this list

From: Marc Grober <marc@interak.com>
Date: Fri Mar 12 2010 - 17:14:24 AKST

Both sides now......

On the one hand there's the sixties argument that if you are not part
of the solution you are part of the problem...

On the other hand, perhaps, is the notion that matters of faith are
not necessarily appropriate targets for rational discourse.

I would suggest that the Talmud and Midrash demonstrate that the
latter point is only arguably an obstruction where faith is seen as
inconsistent with rationality.

But I Have been known to toss the occasional grenade to stir some
discussion, and even the suggestion that this is off topic is
intriguing....

But I won't comment on this again....

On Mar 12, 2010, at 3:22 PM, Christopher Howard <choward@indicium.us>