[aklug] changing user parameters

From: WH Bouterse <bill@bouterse.com>
Date: Wed Mar 03 2010 - 12:38:05 AKST

I have a user "A" already setup
  Running a virtual XP with DonorPerfect a Non-Profit DataBase.

Now a user "B" and "C" need to be setup with separate accounts on the same machine.
Both user "B" and "C" need to have access to the DataBase
User "B" needs to have user "A"'s name.
User "A" needs to have username "Development" as the DataBase access point.

I have tried to change User "A" to user "Development" with of course no luck
I have tried cp -R but the active VM XP with installed DB is not functioning though VirtualBox is available

After reading and searching abit I can still find no simple solution without installing XP and the DB into new user "Development"

Just curious if there even is a "simply solution"?

If this logical progression makes no sense whatsoever as my logic is often "not logical", please be patient !

Thanks
 WH (Bill) Bouterse
(Returning to AK Spring of 2010 after 4 years in the mountains of Western NC)