[aklug] Re: Disabling and Enabling daemons (services) in Ubuntu

From: Tim Gibney <timgibney76@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Feb 28 2010 - 23:02:23 AKST

How do you renable it? I tried using update-rc.d and it complained
about using headers and putting a K or S infront of the daemon name.
There was a program in older versions of ubuntu called "services" but
i have a feeling its not compatible because Ubuntu no longer uses
Sysvinit. I can look it up and just rename the programs in /etc/rc.2
or where the runlevel program names are stored.

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 8:27 PM, Joshua J. Kugler <joshua@eeinternet.com> w=
rote: