[aklug] Re: Good spots for Windows help?

From: Joshua J. Kugler <joshua@eeinternet.com>
Date: Wed Feb 17 2010 - 11:55:02 AKST

[Replying to the list]
On Wednesday 17 February 2010, you said:
> What type of permissions issues are you having? Can you describe
> your architecture and OS versions?

Windows 2003 on i386.

FTP server (Filezilla...hey, open source, so I can ask this question
here! :) ) is running as the SYSTEM user/group.

Some files we want served (read and write) are owned by the group 'ftp.'
ftp has full read/write/whatever permissions on those files and
directories.

SYSTEM can't read/write those directories. So, I added SYSTEM to
the 'ftp' group. Windows happily complied, but even after restarting
Filezilla, it still could not read/write those files.

Is there any way to do what we want without "re-permissioning" all those
files? Running the ftp server as 'ftp' isn't really an option because
it also serves files that are owned by SYSTEM (And not ftp).
Sigh... :)

Any insights?

Thank you!

Joshua Kugler