[aklug] Re: Zangle info

From: Shane Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Tue Feb 02 2010 - 09:00:49 AKST

I wouldn't mind putting together a school-district-in-a-box solution
with good international support at some point. Maybe that can be part
of my contribution to society. Even if I only have a few districts to
support I'll at least feel as though those few have a little sense :)
(Totally relative)

As for a store and forward solution. I had a similar thought on the
way in. If remote storage is unavailable cache until available. A
local HTTP accessible process could help with that. Can somebody tell
me if roll is completely dependent on teachers having their computers
on in their classrooms? Do teachers with offices have several
computers depending on where they go or a laptop?

My girlfriend works in assessments, specifically in the excel position
:). I've mentioned to her on her really busy days that I should come
in and talk to them about how databases and report generators work.
Same thing, it would reduce it to a 2-4 hour a week job for one person
who could then focus on the testing materials more.