[aklug] Re: Zangle info

From: Marc Grober <marc@interak.com>
Date: Thu Jan 28 2010 - 14:19:18 AKST

Zangle is a proprietary offering of C-innovations
see, http://www.cinnov.com/products_overview.htm
It was purchased after the ASD IT Budget Review Team objected and after members
of the BRT refuted the claims of the consultants then hired to address the BRT's
objections. See http://asdtech.wik.is

Zangle at ASD is apparently based on one web server and one mSSQL server. All
web based data which includes for example all attendance for every student must
be reported via the web engine.

It turned out that the admin zangle client is only pc based and there is no web
access, so ASD had to implement a windows terminal server to provide school
admins and registrars on Macs access to the pc client on the windows term servers

Most parents I have spoken to are disgusted with the expenditure of the millions
of dollars with no benefit as yet to them, and attendance etc is still not real
time.

While SpEd records was intended to be included in the SIS, it was not, so SpEd
records continues to maintain and expand multiple FileMaker Pro servers for
which they purchased a web front end which they apparently have been unable to
implement.... yes, another disaster....

The zangle PM is Mary McKean whose claim to fame is certainly not IT matters,
she WAS an asst. principal that ASD moved to PM when the prior PM, who the BRT
pointed out was NOT qualified, was let go..... Mary couldn't carry the prior
PM's brief case IT cred wise. The ASD zangle progress site was apparently
discontinued when folk started asking questions about zangle. My personal
attempts to obtain specific data on zangle implementation details were largely
obstructed by ASD (they provided completely obscure and meaningless responses
and have now refused to consider appeals re document requests... I decided not
to bother litigating same as apparently the public is in love with the Board and
the administration and the public deserves what it wants, after all....

Need to know more?

On 1/28/2010 1:59 PM, barsalou wrote:
> I thought Zangle was an opensource project...but I couldn't find any
> download links and the like.
>

> Anyone have any more information about it?
>
> I went to www.zangle.com, but the information was limited.
>
> Mike B.

-- Type: application/pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s