[aklug] Re: Smart phone

From: Royce Williams <royce@alaska.net>
Date: Tue Jan 19 2010 - 11:51:30 AKST

Damien Hull wrote, on 1/19/2010 11:43 AM:
> ACS should be offering an android phone soon. I would have waited but
> one can only wait so long. I'll be stuck with the iPhone for a while.

Speaking personally, not as an ACS droid (pun intended), this is *the*
killer Android app - hands down.

    http://www.twofortyfouram.com/

It is called Locale, and it is nothing short of the holy grail of
context awareness.

It won Grand Prize in the 2009 Android contest. It's basically a
front-end for a language that lets you link anything your phone does to
where you are.

I have been seriously considering buying one off-network just to have
this ability. Seriously. Spend a few minutes to read the specs and
blurbs. It's an eye-opener.

Royce