[aklug] mobile apps for ssh, etc. (was: Re: (no subject))

From: Royce Williams <royce@alaska.net>
Date: Fri Jan 15 2010 - 13:34:17 AKST

I have a Touch, so YMMV, and this is pretty OT (because it's BSD under
the hood, not Linux) ... but I recommend:

- Book reading: Stanza
- Ad-hoc file access: Air Sharing (turns device into a web server)
- File sync: Dropbox
- Food: Urbanspoon
- Location interaction: foursquare (pretty new, but promising)
- IM/SIP/Skype: fring, Skype
- SSH: TouchTerm
- Tasks: Todo (sync to ToodleDo using the RTM API)
- Twitter: Tweetie
- Weather: WeatherBug
- Wikipedia searching (online): Kiwi
- Wikipedia searching (offline): haven't found anything good yet

Royce