[aklug] Re: Debian Squeeze

From: Royce Williams <royce@alaska.net>
Date: Wed Jan 13 2010 - 21:35:28 AKST

Christopher Howard wrote:
> Would somebody drop in a note to the list when Debian Squeeze is
> officially released? I have one Debian server that needs to be upgraded,
> but I don't care enough about it to check online every week.

Come now, sir! This is the 21st century! ;-)

Option 1: RSS feed

    http://distrowatch.com/news/dwd.xml

Unfortunately, there seems to be no way to tell it to just tell you
about Debian releases, so this may be suboptimal.

Or, if you prefer 20th century ...

Option 2: debian-announce

Looks like about one message per month:

    http://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/2009/threads.html

... and I'm sure that they'd send one out the moment that Squeeze gets
... um .... squeezed out.

:-)

Royce