[aklug] Re: Thuderbird mail

From: Kevin Miller <atftb2@alaska.net>
Date: Tue Jan 12 2010 - 17:54:33 AKST

On 01/12/2010 03:04 PM, barsalou wrote:
> Anyone have an idea where messages get stored with icedove version
> 2.0.0.22 before they are sent?
>
> I think there is a message that is stuck asking for authentication
> information of an initially bad setup.
>
> Thanks for any help.

Close it, then go into ~/.thunderbird/YOURPROFILE.default/Mail/ and get
rid of Inbox.msf

Or *.msf. They'll be rebuilt, with no loss of messages and such.

I have to do this on T-bird v3 every now and again with news groups.
For some reason, when I go into a newsgroup it will just lock up tight.
 Clearing the .msf associated with which ever group I was in when it
locked up restores normality. The only adverse affect is that I set my
view to show unread messages instead of all. It reverts back to all.
Also, it clears out the message header tracking, so it's as if I was
newly subscribed.

Don't know if it'll help with your problem or not, but can't hurt to try...

...Kevin

--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska