[aklug] Re: VOIP on ClearWire

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Dec 27 2009 - 13:16:39 AKST

Mine uses a Linksys 2102 as a FXS port. It's a pretty standard setup.
The 2102 has 2, network connected, FXS ports.

When I was reading up on it a while back it look like a some people were
using the 2102 as the FXS on their voip systems as a cheaper alternative
to an FXS board. The 2102 can be found for $55 on the street and have
2-FXS ports, boards can run a couple of hundred per port.

I've been meaning to look into whether or not I can use it straight into
something like Asterisk, but haven't gotten around to seriously looking
into it.

I usually have it with me on Friday nights if you want to look into it.
Maybe all you need is my phone # though.