[aklug] Ubuntu version: 9.10 (PPC)

From: Robert Barkley <R.Barkley@gci.net>
Date: Sun Nov 22 2009 - 17:33:11 AKST

I must say, I'm pretty happy with Karmic Kuala (9.10). this is the first
'supported' version for the PPC that has worked seamlessly. I was able to
install on a 900mhz G3 iBook. Works like a champ and has breathed a bit of
life back into a laptop slowly fading into the OS oblivion.

I think this release may be intuitive enough to burn a disk and hand to
someone with limited computer expertise and have the end be successful.

However:

A co-worker is trying to install KK on his PS3, and gets the installer to
work, but seems to freeze the keyboard at the user creation step; I know he
was going to try a different keyboard, and he also tried a few alternate
keyboard settings to no avail. The mouse did work.

Anyway - has anyone had any success installing Ubuntu 9.10 (or any other) on
their PS3?

Have a great one!

Rob