[aklug] Your post

From: Jsw <jsw@wadell.org>
Date: Fri Nov 13 2009 - 22:48:26 AKST

Hi Chris,

One of the things I love about our list is that people in very different
parts of life can compare notes. I am about to retire, after a career in
Geology, then computers, VMS and Unix after that went to shit.

I can only reflect back to the early Dark Age when I took a couple of
Sociology classes to keep my hours up, and damn near flunked out because
of them. I learned in a hurry, bust your butt at something you love, and
tough it out. Looking back, thank God someone taught me to keep going
way longer that I thought I could, and solve the f'ing problem!

Jim