[aklug] Re: Interesting story about privacy

From: Marc Grober <marc@interak.com>
Date: Fri Oct 30 2009 - 16:34:40 AKDT

Well, unfortunately, the opinion is quite different than the bruhaha being
made of it. Assuming the opinion is genuine it is really talking about notice
of service of the warrant, and really no part of the holding impacts rights
under the 4th amendment in the legal sense. The issue before the court was one
of notice after the fact only, and it would not even be germane to situations in
which your e-mail is not stored on someone else's server.
barsalou wrote:
> http://yro.slashdot.org/story/09/10/29/2257209/Federal-Judge-Says-E-mail-Not-Protected-By-4th-Amendment
>
> I guess this means if we really want our communications between each
> other via e-mail, or any other vehicle for that matter, we better
> start encrypting it.
>
> Yikes!
>
> Mike B.

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature