[aklug] Re: openspf

From: Kevin Miller <atftb2@alaska.net>
Date: Sun Oct 25 2009 - 15:44:49 AKDT

Jeff wrote:
> does any one use , have experience with openspf ?
>
> or have a alternative ?

At work I use smf-spf.

Openspf isn't so much a product as the domain of the spf project. SPF
is really a mechanism, rather than a specific product. You implement
spf for your domain in your DNS server as TXT records. What that does
is allow others that mail coming from your domain actually is.

You implement some spf client software on your mail server. In my case,
I run a sendmail server so implemented smf-spf which is a milter. IIRC,
it is using libspf. I believe it will run in Postfix as well as
sendmail. Newer versions of Postfix now have milter capability anyway.
 There's a perl implementation of spf as well, but I've never tried it.

HTH...

...Kevin

--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb