[aklug] (no subject)

From: Jeffrey Eliasen <j_eliasen@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri Oct 16 2009 - 08:05:32 AKDT

decloaking... :)

Yeah, hi all, I'm a long-time linux user (since
'98), mostly experienced with admin/packaging/deployment stuff. I've
got a new box, a fanless system from Intel, with an on-board NIC that
the OS isn't finding, and it's beyond my ability to figure out what's
going on (AFAIK, it's not being detected by the kernel at boot). I was
hoping I could bring the box in and have someone more knowledgeable
than myself poke around and look for clues as to what's going on.

jeff

barsalou wrote, on 10/2/2009 3:11 PM:

> Just wanted to let folks know that Friday night Linux is on again and

> unless you hear otherwise will continue to go on at this point.

Who's planning on going tonight? I have a side-project deadline, but

I might be cajoled into making an appearance.

Also, a friend of mine has a hardware problem that he's thinking about

running past the list/group. Maybe this post will encourage him to

decloak. :-)