[aklug] Re: IT Expo

From: Royce Williams <royce@alaska.net>
Date: Wed Oct 14 2009 - 17:37:18 AKDT

Hmm - it says that attendance is limited to professional IT folk. I know some "amateurs" on this list who can run circles around the professionals. ;-)

http://www.itexpoalaska.com/

    IT Expo 2009
    Thursday October 29, 2009
    Anchorage’s Dena’Ina Convention Center.

    Morning sessions- 7:30am – 1:00pm
    Morning session launches with a welcome by Governor Sean Parnell and a keynote address at 8:00am by Robert McDowell, Senior Vice President of Information Worker Business Value at Microsoft.9 additional presentations are scheduled on four stages by GCS IT/VMware, GCI/Agito Networks, Cisco Systems/B2 Networks, and Microsoft/Statera.

    Our noon luncheon, hosted by Cisco Systems, features a presentation by Cisco Operations Director Jeff Sharritts.

    Afternoon sessions- 1:00pm to 5:00pm
    Afternoon session will focus on security, storage, software and technology geared to small to medium size organizations and include presentations by GCI/Blackberry, Applied Microsystems, TekMate, Right Systems, Leverage, CompuCom, Neudesic, Intel, Sockeye Business Solutions and ACS.
    Our closing feature presentation is “Geekonomics” by SMB Nation president Harry Brelsford.

    Attendance is limited to CEO/CIO/CFO level decision makers, IT systems administrators, IT professionals, AITP members, and staff and guests of sponsors.

    For more information, please contact
    Gonzalez Marketing at 907-562-8640.