[aklug] Re: Clonezilla

From: Greg Madden <gomadtroll@acsalaska.net>
Date: Sun Oct 11 2009 - 18:23:28 AKDT

On Sunday 11 October 2009 17:00:57 damien@linuxninjas.tv wrote:
> Just read an article on clonezilla. I'm thinking about using it. Trouble is
> I need a place to store the image. Then there's the off sight backup issue.
>
> I've got a computer I can use for this but I would need a 2TB drive. Two in
> a RAID 1 configuration would be nice. That's more then enough space to
> backup the 250GB drive in my laptop.
>
> Any one want to add to this?

Lots of choices . I recently decided to create an image of my root partition
for backup. I chose 'partimage' which is part of the 'System Rescue Cd' .
which has lots of tools on it . Clonezilla has lots of features that I don't
use.. at least yet. Partimage is included on Clonezilla though.

I store my image on a spare hard drive via Firewire/USB.

I also use 'remastersys', which I have mentioned before. It creates a
bootable 'live CD' of your system, just like those Ubuntu Cd's you are so
fond of ;-) except it is your own system.

--
Peace
Greg Madden