[aklug] Enigmail Hack for Decrypting Large E-mails with Attachments?

From: Christopher Howard <choward@indicium.us>
Date: Wed Oct 07 2009 - 13:38:33 AKDT

I tried to send a an e-mail with several large attachments between two
of my e-mail accounts, using Thunderbird and OpenPGP
encryption/signature. I can encrypt and send just fine, but after
receiving I go to decrypt the message and Thunderbird says "Message too
large to decrypt and verify."
Apparently this is a longstanding, unresolved bug in Enigmail. I can
download this message, but since it is eml format I am not sure how
(without learning about eml and writing big scripts) to separate the
encrypted part from the decrypted part, and then pull each attachment
out of the decrypted part.

Anyone know of any quick hacks related to this issue?

--
Christopher Howard
http://indicium.us