[aklug] Re: Rebasing the discussion

From: Marc Grober <marc@interak.com>
Date: Thu Sep 17 2009 - 09:36:03 AKDT

Historically, user groups were not advocates, evangelists, etc.,
though such might belong. They were folk who hung out because they
were interested in the weird crap that each was into (and they were
pathetically lonely otherwise socially ostracized dorks....)

Somehow with the approach of the 21st century this approach has turned
outward producing monks ( in the orthodox or eastern sense), high
priests and tent evangelists.....

My intent in lobbing what seems to have been a bit of a grenade was to
perhaps hark back to earlier times, when no one I think was run off,
but user groups were not on a mission ;)

That being said I am off to my cave... Mongo just pawn......