[aklug] Re: Basic Linux information

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu Sep 17 2009 - 08:01:49 AKDT

Quoting Royce Williams <royce@alaska.net>:

> Putting on my GTD hat: the "next action" would be to revive the wiki,
> as this would be the easiest way for us all to start contributing fast.
>
> * I recommend MediaWiki.
>
> * To keep out spammers, I'd say disallow anonymous edits.
>

> Mike B., where do we stand with hosting and DNS (for reviving
> wiki.aklug.org) ?

Royce,

Because of my inability to properly motivate enough, even one person,
to manage a virtual machine that ACS provided to us, we are nowhere.

We don't currently have a working piece of equipment and at this
moment, no income to cover the cost of a hosted solution.

It seems to me that we have re-kindled our interest in moving forward again.

This is exciting and I'm hopeful for what comes next.

Mike B.