[aklug] Re: Basic Linux information

From: Royce Williams <royce@alaska.net>
Date: Wed Sep 16 2009 - 17:45:01 AKDT

Kevin Miller wrote, on 9/16/2009 5:32 PM:
> But maybe the solution isn't more documentation (there's a ton of it
> already on the net, a good percentage outdated), but rather some general
> documentation and some pointers on learning how to dig deeper for
> oneself. It's like the old adage: build a man a fire and you warm him
> once. Set a man afire and you warm him for the rest of his life. Or
> something like that...

Concur. We should use our good judgment and experience create some
meta-documentation - a list the resources that we think are
high-quality. We can then group that list by technology areas and level
of expertise needed.

The result is much easier to maintain for us, much more likely to help
people along the path to self-sufficiency - and useful for us, too.

Royce