[aklug] Re: a pidgeon fast than internet

From: Jeremy Austin <jhaustin@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Sep 10 2009 - 16:19:50 AKDT

I loved this story. Now I just need to work out a peering backup
agreement with someone in, say, Fairbanks.

1. Each of us keep four pigeons or so.
2. Weekly, release a pigeon carrying flash memory, or whatever the
current light and dense storage tech is
3. Return pigeons as needed via road system

I can see our Alaskan winters being a problem for the pigeons, though.
Has anyone domesticated any of the native arctic birds?

Maybe Google has some leftover birds from their experimental PigeonRank system.

Jeremy Austin
IT Administrator
Whitestone, Alaska