[aklug] Re: Mike B router issue

From: Greg Madden <gomadtroll@acsalaska.net>
Date: Sat Sep 05 2009 - 11:42:04 AKDT

On Saturday 05 September 2009, Royce Williams wrote:
> Greg Madden wrote, on 9/5/2009 12:19 AM:
> > Thanks for the tip on poorly behaving routers. It turns out my
> > Linksys WRT54 GL is my conection problem. I plugged the ACS modem, in
> > bridge mode, directly into my box and use pppoe from there. No
> > issues. This is the second router that doesn't do well, with ACS
> > pppoe stuff ?
>
> Could it be an MTU issue?

i don't think so, tried 1400 -1460 in increments of 8. Tried quite a few
things...

The good news I put in a new router, Netgear WGR614v8, and all is well.

It all started with my smoothwall box , I thought it was nic cards, etc.
so I bought a Linksys WRT54GL, it never worked 100%, now the Netgear. I
never suspected a new router would be the problem, Plugging the ACS modem
directly into my box showed me the problem.

Thanks

--
Peace
Greg Madden