[aklug] Network Security Certifications

From: Damien Hull <damien@linuxninjas.tv>
Date: Mon Aug 24 2009 - 08:37:16 AKDT

I start a network security class tonight. Not sure what it covers. The instructor mentioned a few certifications leading up to CISSP. It was suggested that I look into them. Apparently there are a few Linux questions on the certifications. I was also told that I can use my LPI certification to cover some of the certs. Which means I don't have to take them.

Where does Linux fit in the network security world?
What devices use Linux? ( heard about some firewall solution )

--
Ubuntu User
Open Source Evangelist