[aklug] Re: Karmic Koala Alpha 4

From: Shane R. Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Fri Aug 14 2009 - 08:46:37 AKDT

What mainboard? You mentioned other instability, have you run memtest86+ on your system? I know this doesn't directly correlate to the SSD problem.
Will the install fail if you try it with another drive?

Knowing what kind of SSD this is might us figure it out too. The make and model.

- Shane

CLAY SCOTT wrote:
> I recently put together a home theater PC hooked up to the TV in the living room with a 64GB SSD. Now that I'm thinking about it I can't be 100% sure, but I'm certain I picked up an OCZ model. I have been running various "free" versions of win7 on it, but it's horribly unstable so I'm looking to finally get ubuntu on it and ditch the last windows in stall in the house.
>
> One install wouldn't work and upon checking the disc for errors it turned out the burn was bad. Tried it again with a new disc and all disc and memory checks turned out clean, but on in stall I couldn't do anything that actually touched the drive. As soon as I laid out my partition table and clicked install it would immediately give me an I/O error with the progress bar on 15%. I've tried with versions as far back as 8.04 and up to daily builds of 9.10. Karmic actually got a little further. It was able to repartition the drive, but gave an I/O error at the actual ext2/3/4 formatting stage (29% on the progress bar).
>
> I'm out of ideas...
>
> Clay

-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: OpenPGP digital signature