[aklug] Re: THE MARTIANS ARE COMING!!! HEAD FOR THE HILLS!!

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue Jul 07 2009 - 13:49:01 AKDT

> Christopher Howard wrote:
>>
>> Sorry, list just seemed a little too quiet. Anything interesting
>> happening? Nothing much here, except I'm finally learning a graphics
>> library (ClanLib).

I don't know if you'd call it interesting but I recently started =20
upgrading my ubuntu machine.

The "old" drive had a different drive I was going to rebuild mapped as =20
EXT3 partitions.

This is fine until I installed the newer Ubuntu onto that drive and =20
changed the partition types and sizes.

Because of this, the "old" install wouldn't boot any more because it =20
failed some fsck checks during the boot.

Worse is the fact that there wasn't a decent editor in site...on had =20
cli access to 'ed'. Yikes!

However, because the "new" install went just fine, I used an editor =20
from there to mount the "old" root file system and fix the fstab.

What a pain. My fault though...shoulda changed the "old" fstab before =20
upgrading.

Mike B.