[aklug] Re: Firefox 3.5 is out...

From: Christopher Howard <choward@indicium.us>
Date: Tue Jun 30 2009 - 22:38:07 AKDT

Damien Hull wrote:
> Here's a review of Firefox 3.5...

Without out a doubt, the greatest thing about Firefox 3.5: native Ogg
Theora support. Read that: native. Not just a plug-in for Linux, but
built in, non-proprietary support for all the Firefox web browsers.

Forgive me if I seem too excited, but I'm a bit overtaken by the
glimmering hope that there might be some escape from this Quicktime /
Flash nightmare we have been living in. Firefox has, what, 25% of the
browser market? With native Ogg Theora support available to that kind of
market, perhaps open multi-media formats will begin to make some real
headway.

- --
Christopher Howard
http://indicium.us
http://theologia.indicium.us

I digitally sign /all/ of my e-mails via PGP. If you receive any e-mails
supposedly from me without my valid PGP signature, please take
additional steps to verify the authenticity of the message.