[aklug] Re: Linux.com Up and Running

From: Kevin Miller <atftb2@alaska.net>
Date: Thu May 28 2009 - 09:42:34 AKDT

James Zuelow wrote:
> Try two for this one. The one I sent before coming to work looks
> like it didn't take.
>
>> Now if they would just move those "source" links to the front
>> page...
>
> Oh, my bad. There *is* a source link on the front page.
>
> It is the "read more..." link above the next headline. I didn't see
> them at all, because I scan the headlines.

I just looked at it, and both the headline and the "read more" are
linux.com links. No source links that I could see.

> or me it would be better to do this:
>
> Headline here (read more)
>
> Article blah blah blah if you don't read this all of your servers
> belong to us.

Yeah, that would make it easier. As long as it goes to the source, and
not the 2nd linux.com synopsis page.

> I guess the site is designed for the gen Y folks who have no qualms
> at all= about Kirk being promoted to Captain without ever having
> actually graduated= the academy. (And what exactly will happen when
> he finally meets that cloud monster? He will have missed his
> experience as a red shirt on the Farragut and will lose half his
> crew. Sigh...)
>
> Old gen Xers like me like our "read more" links honestly advertised
> plain as day and feel they should at least be

> And Kevin's a boomer!

And a grumpy one to boot.

> Web designers these days think everyone was born in the 80's....

Pesky kids...

On another note, look at the headers on the message this is in response to:
what's this?

/Ay:TI\[t]DpPtjMosjF@(;Ij\v}$FQ]qo!P'qA:fiw*OPo,Q-cD'<_hurqm`lB%ZP8zAq
,}a*2cn(]aqq<zcYNV6BBrz9p#nf%:L&W=($U`KQt]Qe'+u{^!e0||}n<m]^qWzDn`N~"(
!@(/'d(R}Q<<A>X7Aw;6IT'd9fpCv4w*pl/qTQ_'(8Ww?xi<;^8MHl^VoNj=|M@FhkoXq3 %A#

And why is mail being routed via Cocos (Keeling) Islands?

(e5z8652@zuelow.net@206.174.70.253) by mail10.hsphere.cc with SMTP; 28

Bizarre...

...Kevin

--