[aklug] Re: rsync for Windoz?

From: Kurt Brendgard <brendgard@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat May 09 2009 - 14:46:51 AKDT

I've recieved some good leads, thanks guys. I got to thinking about it though and the thought did strike me that maybe I'm going about this the wrong way, asking the wrong question.

What I have is some packages of files I have for sale. One is about 7000 in a directory, with another directory inside of that directory with about 7000 more files. When I sell them I want to be able to just tell it to upload and feed it the URL, password, and username, and just walk away as it will probably take 3 days to finish. Most of the sales will be on shared hosting on Linux servers, but I suspect most will not have access to such things as ssh, rsync, etc. Me thinks I might need just an FTP client with extended capabilities, such as retry if it times out or gives a reset by peer error, etc, and the ability to keep track of 14000 files spread across 2 directories, or handle uploading whole directory trees. Any suggestions along those lines?

Thanks.