[aklug] Hardware temporarily needed for network throughput testing.

From: Shane Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Wed May 06 2009 - 20:05:40 AKDT

Heya folks,

I'm hoping to test gigabit copper throughput in a few scenarios by
flash booting a few flavors of BSD as well as a decent Linux kernel.
All I'm missing is the hardware to do so. Looking for the following:

Server or workstation with two intel pro 1000's on separate PCI-X/E
channels. If the both are onboard and reside on separate PCI-X/E
channels then it would be worth a test.

Two other workstations with intel pro 1000's onboard or on PCI-X.
133MHz or higher PCI bus.

I plan on generating a lot of traffic from workstation A to
workstation B through the dual gig-e system in both bridge and route
situations.

Anybody have this hardware just maybe kinda sorta laying around?
Anybody in here work with the computer lab facilities that train users
on hoss hardware? Maybe make this a quickie school project?

Oh hey.. If you have 10gigE laying around too.. I won't complain.

- Shane