[aklug] Re: domain registrars

From: Christopher <cbeck747@gci.net>
Date: Tue May 05 2009 - 13:46:44 AKDT

  What are the reasons someone would have a personal DNS? I've wondered
about this for a bit. In the past I've hosted and admin'd a domain from
home (sent some mail to some DNS master or something but forgot all I
learned as it was 10 years ago)
  Anyway, all my domains are hosted by 1and1 and I have no issues with them
other than I can't seem to just pay the domain fees for 10 years like other
hosting services.

   The France thing is intriguing so I'll check into it if I decide I need a
DNS, I like to keep the feds out of everything that I can!

Chris

On 5/5/09, Shane Spencer <shane@bogomip.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 2:16 PM, Lee <lee@afabco.org> wrote:
> > Well, it's time to register a couple of new domains. It's been a while,
> so thought I'd
> > ask who folks are currently using and can recommend.
> >
> > thanks
>
> I use gandi.net.. Located in France. Very community driven however
> incredibly professional. They also offer SSL certs, xen based hosting
> using a slick virtual machine sysetm, and allow me to keep my DNS away
> from the feds.
>
> - Shane

Q: Why is this email 5 sentences or less?
A: http://five.sentenc.es
~Success is not final.  Failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue
that counts~  -Winston Churchill.
~It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped!~   -Tony
Robbins
~It is what it is.~   -Katie (my daughter)