[aklug] Re: keeping personal papers encrypted

From: Shane Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Sun Apr 26 2009 - 09:03:32 AKDT

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 7:27 AM, Jim <jwadell@gci.net> wrote:
> I always copy passport, credit cards, visas, drivers license, etc. and
> email them to myself somewhere I can get to them.
> Just my thought
>
> Jim

I do that as well, I usually use gpg -c instead of using a gpg key and
a password I easily remember. Then when I need the info I can usually
find a gpg client when I need one.

As far as total control over all your documents and being able to usb
boot any machine in the world whenever you need one.. I'd suggest you
just store than information in your phone as well as another persons
phone? Thankfully smart phones are getting smart enough to handle
that sort of thing. I'm thinking about getting a Nokia web device
here soon if I could ever afford one.

Shane