[aklug] Re: unofficial mirror

From: Royce Williams <royce@alaska.net>
Date: Fri Apr 24 2009 - 09:31:59 AKDT

David Prentice wrote, on 4/24/2009 8:06 AM:
> The mirrors are awesome, Royce!

Thanks! They'll get better - my first pass was very basic (the "bad
first draft" that's supposed to help with writer's block). One of my
colleagues has some grand ideas for v2.0, but it's obviously low on the
priority list.

I forgot to mention - cygwin is on there, too.

> mirrors, given your ever-so-slight FreeBSD bias: FreeNAS.

Yeah, that's not a bad idea! We need to get a bigger disk in there.

> Still waiting on some parts to arrive for my "phase I" buildout.
> Haven't installed anything outside of Virtualbox.

Man I've been thinking about it myself, but haven't gotten off the stick
yet ...

FYI - if any of you ever need to run OpenBSD in Virtualbox, erroneous
'disk full' errors can be worked around by starting the VM on the
commandline with a -norawr0 option. That was very hard for me to track
down, hope it helps someone.

> I like it the way Dick Cheney likes shotguns, which I'll leave for
> your interpretation.

That really does have a variety of possible explications. :-)

Royce