[aklug] Re: Ubuntu 9.04 is out

From: Joshua J. Kugler <joshua@eeinternet.com>
Date: Thu Apr 23 2009 - 15:32:11 AKDT

On Thursday 23 April 2009, Jim Courtney said something like:
> Is the KDE4 that comes with Kubuntu usable yet? I installed "Intrepid
> Ibex" several months ago, but it was so different from KDE3 that I
> had to go back to whatever animal starts with "H" to get KDE3 back.

I had your similar experience. I'm running Hardy on my laptop and home
system now. I recently came across this project:
http://www.kubuntu.org/node/77 It's a Jaunty + KDE3.5 remix. I've
been testing it out, and giving feedback to the guy doing it. It still
has some rough edges, but it's coming along nicely. I'm planning to
upgrade my system with it once it releases. I'm not ready for KDE4
either.

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com