[aklug] Signing with GPG

From: Christopher Howard <choward@indicium.us>
Date: Wed Apr 22 2009 - 13:59:57 AKDT

Hi. I'm finally getting around to figuring out PGP with GPG. (Did I say
that right?) It all seems really snazzy but I've never worked with it
before.

I created my key with GPG (correctly, I hope) Now I want to set up Alpine
to allow me to sign my messages. I think I can do that on my own following
online tutorials, but I wanted to make sure I understand the fundamental
process here.

Basically, signing (not encrypting) an e-mail message is just running
"gpg -sb" on the e-mail, and then including the .gpg signature file as an
attachment, right? And then I have to make my public key available
somewhere (like on my website) so that people can verify that it is a
valid signature, right?

--
Christopher Howard
http://indicium.us